"What is really attractive is that on the Coast it's all about family medicine and continuity of care. You get to know your patients and their families".
"I've found the challenges of working in a relatively remote and sparsely populated area has helped me grow as a GP and develop my skills"
Listen to Carol talking about working on the West Coast as a General Practitioner.
If you're thinking about working on the Coast as a GP, here are some things to think about....
We work in a dynamic environment where our needs are always changing and opportunities to participate in special projects arise frequently!
What we can offer you:
- Challenging and interesting work in a supportive environment where you are able to use all of your instincts, knowledge and experience.
- Competitive remuneration and flexible working hours
- Benefits of being employed under a Multi-Employer Collective Agreement
- Six weeks Annual Leave
- Generous CME and non-clinical time provisions
- Opportunity and encouragement for internal and external training
- A workplace that recognises family responsibilities and encourages work life balance.
- Work places close to schools and amenities
- Hassle free parking
- And when you’re not working we can offer you paradise as your playground!
Our General Practices
Most district health boards in New Zealand are not involved significantly in primary care. As with so many other things the Coast’s unique situation has required an unusual solution.
The West Coast DHB has stepped in to acquire general practices to ensure that the community receives good access to primary care and is now the major owner of general practices on the West Coast.
Health professionals working in primary care are employed under multi employer collective agreements, and all practices belong to the high-performing West Coast Primary Health Organisation.
The DHB’s ownership of primary care services has allowed it to begin to develop true interdisciplinary teams in primary care and to integrate traditional general practice services with community services and, in some cases, inpatient care. In particular, our opportunities at Buller Medical Centre provide a blend of practice based and Hospital/ED work.
Not the same old, same old
careers available here...